[ltp] Screen flickers and goes blank on IBM Thinkpad T40

FrekoDing linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:22:48 +0200

Hi,
I've a problem with the IBM T40p screen as described by someone here
(sorry for my poor english !) :
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-bugzilla-noise/2004-November/004395.html

[...]
"When booting up in graphical mode, horizontal lines will begin
flickering in the
display. The flickering lines become more and more frequent and the display
begins to degrade to the point that it goes blank. However, the light in
the LCD
monitor is still on, because there is still a glow; it is just black.

Pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2 while it is doing this does take me to a full-screen
terminal; however, the flickering still continues until the screen goes
completely blank. I have blindly logged in through the terminal to
reboot the
machine."
[...]

Anyone can help me ?! Thanks.

PS : I've tested all framebuffer (vesafb, radeonfb and vesa-tng)
No problem with Windows XP...