[ltp] Memory leak with vmalloc?

Hamish Marson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:53:46 +0100

Is anyone else experiencing a memory leak in vmalloc?

I have an r50p, with 1.5GB RAM. Running 2.6.15, the VmallocUsed is
continually going up, and eventually after a couple of days it gets to
within a few kB of VmallocTotal and modules won't install any more (So
resuming from standby can't load the e1000 module, no network etc).

Is anyone else finding the same thing? It doesn't sem to be associated
with susped/resume itself... Dumping /proc/meminfo before & after shows
no loss during the suspend/resume cycle... At least not when I try by
hand..