[ltp] Hibernate?

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:40:55 -0500

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 12:35:09PM -0800, m h wrote:
> > Key bindings depend on your acpi setup and other modules.  ibmacpi
> > changes the events sent.
>=20
> Where does tpb come into play if it is installed as well as ibmacpi?=20
> For example my sound/mute buttons, and external monitor (fn-f7) works,
> but the hibernate and sleep buttons don't....

Not at all, as far as I know.  At least, the way I've always used tpb,
it's just an onscreen display for event buttons like sound and
brightness.  It has no interaction with the fn+fX or hibernate.

With ibm-acpi, the fn+fX buttons generate ACPI events, for example in my
default.conf:

case "$group" in
=2E..
    ibm)
        case "$4" in
            00001005)
                /etc/acpi/ibm_wireless.sh
                ;;
            00001006)
                /etc/acpi/ibm_bt.sh
                ;;
            00001004)
                /usr/sbin/hibernate --config-file=3D/etc/hibernate/ram.conf
                # /usr/local/sbin/suspend
                ;;
            0000100c)
                /usr/sbin/hibernate
                ;;

Where ibm_wireless.sh and ibm_bt.sh are scripts I wrote myself which
check the state of the rfkill sys file for ipw2x00, or the
/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth setting for bt, and toggle it off or on, and
print an appropriate message on the screen via xosd.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

"Please, let me sleep.  I'm very tired, and I think one of those needles=20
 broke off in my headmeats."
                -- Filler Bunny, the genetically engineered bunny of happin=
ess

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs

--2hMgfIw2X+zgXrFs--