[ltp] Hibernate?

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:07:36 -0800 (PST)

Not sure this'll work for Dapper but:
t42p here running ubuntu 5.10. With a stock kernel.

So, Norman Walsh wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I happened to notice that there was a
> /etc/acpi/hibernate.sh script ... so I ran it.
>
> Low and behold, the machine hibernated. Better still, it came back From
> hibernation :-)
>
> Sweet. So I used it again a few days later and it got part way through
> resuming and just came to a stop.

I had this experience and found after quite some googling that getting rid
of the splash screen fixed the problem. I wish i had more details but
couldn't find them.
my relevant menu.lst entry:

kernel  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-10-686 root=/dev/hda1 ro quiet
initrd  /boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-10-686

> I've run it a few more times since then and it fails to resume a
> little more often than it resumes successfully, I think.
>
> Ignoring the fact that the key binding doesn't work, should I expect
> hiberanation to work reliably on my T42p? If so, why doesn't it? :-)

Same here. They do come back after a suspend to ram cycle though.

mario;>