[ltp] detecting hardware mute?

Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:12:46 +0300

--qtZFehHsKgwS5rPz

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 02:34:28PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Does anyone know a way to detect if a thinkpad is in the "mute" state?
>=20
> Ie, I push the mute button, tpb sets the nvram to mute everything
> (very handy for meetings, etc), but then I would like to have some
> kind of indicator that shows me I have mute on, so I can remember to
> unmute later.=20
>=20
> You can't detect it from mixer settings. possibly there is a way from
> reading /dev/nvram?=20
>=20
> Something that could keep an OSD up about it would be ideal.=20

I use Ubuntu Dapper (the development version of their next release).
Recently they made some changes, and now the hotkeys-setup package binds
the hardware volume control keys to actual keypresses that control the
software mixer (I think).  GNOME pops up a pretty volume notification bar.
The little speaker icon in my GNOME panel shows a white X with a red
outline, when the speaker is muted.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
if (Match.FileMatch(F) =3D=3D true && Fixed[F->ID] =3D=3D false)
	-- apt-pkg/policy.cc (apt 0.5.23)

--qtZFehHsKgwS5rPz

--qtZFehHsKgwS5rPz--