[ltp] Which Distro supports T60?

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:49:23 +0200

At Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:06:00 -0500,
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I have no idea.  Is there some simple way to test this without
> reconfiguring my whole installation?

There are three ways (but there may be a simpler one):

* Look in the documentation included with the system.

* Look in the Hardware Maintenance Manual whether there is any
  mentioning of APM.  OK, I can do that myself.  Though, it

* If you're using "grub" as boot manager (it's most likely the default
  of SuSE 10.1), then enable APM and disable ACPI, just during one
  start.  The relevant kernel parameters: "apm=on acpi=off".  Once
  booted into LINUX, execute "apm" which tells one whether APM is
  available or not.

> Suspend to RAM did not even give it a go before failing, complaining
> that the machine is not on a whitelist or something.  There's an
> override flag I'll try later.  Suspend to disk worked, though there
> was an error-like message right before the video came back up.

Thanks for the report!

> It's the bit in the middle of this excerpt:

No idea, sorry.  It may not even be a problem, perhaps indeed just
debugging output.

> It also uses a different power adapter and different main and ultrabay
> batteries.

That's a disadvantage, but I assume that there are technical reasons for
this switch.

--
Felix E. Klee