[ltp] T41 in suspend to RAM: gets warm and not much bat. life

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:14:04 +0200

At Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:31:52 -0800,
Gerald Boersma wrote:
> I have a T41 2378-DLU and I have the same problem. I haven't installed
> the patch yet, but the description fits the problems I have.

Today was the first day after installation of the patch that I really
used the machine on battery.  It was running without being plugged into
a power socket for 12 hours and 20 minutes, and even when I plugged it
in it had quite some battery power left.  So, the patch did work! :-)

Also keep in mind: It's probably not good for the machine and for the
battery if it gets as hot as mine did in the computer bag.  With the
patch the machine stays cool.

--
Felix E. Klee