[ltp] Laptop battery storage

Gilson Laurent linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:57:17 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

> If you're not running your laptop on battery power, it's a good idea to
> remove the battery and store it. That prolongs its life. It's recommende
> that they be stored at about 50% charge (Why? I don't know.)>

The recommandation of storing at 50-75% charge is dune to the internal
chemlicals. At that charge the most "stable" situation is maintained.

> Why? Because those wonderful "smart" LiON batteries only have a limited
> number of charge cycles, something in the range of 200 - 300 or so.

I guess you think about Dell. Dell has limited the cycles because their
batteries keep exploding after XY-cycles. I have never seen that on a
thinkpad.

cu

--
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set fire to him and he is
warm for the rest of his life.

Analog-/ISDN-Nutzer sparen mit GMX SmartSurfer bis zu 70%!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer