[ltp] Laptop battery storage

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:00:00 +0100

On Thursday 30 March 2006 18:42, Mendel Cooper wrote:

> Why? Because those wonderful "smart" LiON batteries only have a limited
> number of charge cycles, something in the range of 200 - 300 or so. And,
> there's an electronic counter inside the battery that keeps count and
> irrevocably turns off the battery when the count is full up. Very clever.

I'm not convinced that that is true,
if you are using the term "charge cycle" as I understand it.
I have had Li-on batteries that lasted 3-4 years
in computers that were turned on and off at least once per day.

My impression is that the charge-time simply decreases with age.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366