[ltp] Laptop battery storage

Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:55:21 -0300

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Gilson Laurent wrote:
> > Why? Because those wonderful "smart" LiON batteries only have a limited
> > number of charge cycles, something in the range of 200 - 300 or so.
>
> I guess you think about Dell. Dell has limited the cycles because their
> batteries keep exploding after XY-cycles. I have never seen that on a
> thinkpad.

I don't know about the cycles, but the crap they use for a on-board charge
control keeps their batteries fully loaded at 100% and thus the pack is
useless in half the time it should have taken to degrade.  This was verified
in a brand-new Dell Latitude D510.

I will check about the cycle counter, Brazilian law forces Dell to
undisclose that information here.

  Henrique Holschuh