[ltp] fedora 5 on T43p

Pino Giaquinto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:01:19 +0200

> Do you have some browser to put the words linux and t43p into some search
> engine?

Yes... I have a browser, but I have seen on the old
http://www.linux-thinkpad.org this warning:

WARNING: DO NOT TRY I2C & LMSENSORS ON YOUR THINKPAD, IT WILL PROBABLY HOSE
YOUR EEPROM
There have been two reports (that I know of) of people testing the I2C
support on their ThinkPads (770) after which an EEPROM where vital system
information is stored was corrupted (POST ERROR 188 - EEPROM CRC ERROR).
When this happens you need to go to your nearest IBM service center and have
the main board changed !

I'm terrorized! This is my first installation and I don't know if the fedora
core 5 can destroy my thinkpad... can you help me?