[ltp] fedora 5 on T43p

Mark W. Jeanmougin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:41:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Matthias Runge wrote:
> just give it a try. I'm currently running FC5 on my T43 (without "P").
> Upgrade from FC4 was smooth, but lenghty. Why do you want to use
> lmsensors? There are other ways for reading temperatures from your system.

Matthias,

I've also done an upgrade to FC5 which took FOREVER!  I've got a few more
machines to upgrade and I'd rather not have them all take as long as the
last one did.  I've heard that if you boot off the install CD / DVD using
an ide=dma option things can speed up, but I haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone heard any ideas on how to make the upgrade to Fedora Core 5
faster?

MJ