[ltp] Laptop battery storage

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:04:51 +0200

At Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:53:34 -0300,
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> And don't buy crap, or we won't be able to get ThinkPads in the future
> :(

In fact, T4x series batteries seem to be rather fair priced in Germany,
at the moment: A couple of days ago I received a nine cell battery for
around 100 EUR, incl. S&H and VAT.  The six cell battery costs the same.
Interestingly, one can also spend a lot more (IIRC around 260 EUR) for
the same types of batteries, but with a different part numbers.  I don't
know what is the difference between these models.

BTW, is a battery's production date stored in the electronics and is
there a way to read it out?  On the battery I could not find information
concerning the production date.  Only the package had a sticker on it
saying February 2006, which could be the production date.

--
Felix E. Klee