[ltp] 915resolution on an X41

Jamshed Kakar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:48:00 -0700

--=-G8abAl9WEb/2+sIvoMEP

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting 915resolution to do anything useful on
an X41, running Ubuntu Dapper?  I'm trying to drive 1920x1200 (on a Dell
2405FPW).  Before I bought the screen I researched around and discovered
that people with Dell X1's had successfully managed to get 1920x1200
with the same (915GM) chipset as in the X41.  I, perhaps naively,
assumed that meant I'd be able to make it work with my X41.

When I use 915resolution it seems to work--ie: verifying with
915resolution -l shows the new value I've set.  When I start X.org it
complains that there is no 1920x1200 resolution available and falls back
to 1600x1200.  I've tried changing each of the available modes to no
avail.

Any help/insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
J.

--=-G8abAl9WEb/2+sIvoMEP

--=-G8abAl9WEb/2+sIvoMEP--