[ltp] Re: tpb and acpi on startup

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 May 2006 22:56:46 +0200

Ken Schutte <kschutte@csail.mit.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've got several things working on my X40 with FC4, which is
> great. However, each time I reboot, I have to run the following (as
> root):
>
> # tpb --osd=on -d

Create a file /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/tpb.sh
and put

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/tpb --osd=on -d

in it (will be executed when X starts up)

> # echo auto_disable >/proc/acpi/ibm/video

Put

#!/bin/sh
echo auto_disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video

in /etc/rc.local (will be executed during boot)

Greetings,
Frank

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough