[ltp] t60 xorg7.0 mouse undeline, what's wrong

Klaus Weidner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 May 2006 15:21:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, May 5, 2006 00:10, Jeffrey Grafton wrote:
> I too experienced the underline problem with the cursor that both of you
> described, but installing the kernel DRI module fixed this problem.
>
> I haven't had any luck getting XV overlay working yet, though.  I'm
> still looking into getting it functioning properly, and will take any
> advice anyone has...

Thanks for the confirmation, I've set up the kernel module and now 8.24.8
is working great, including dualhead and XV.

I needed the following patch to the firegl_public.c file to fix a 2.6.16
error (undefined symbols such as module_get_request when inserting the
module):

  http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-archive/msg01158.html

Here's my "Device" section, make sure you turn on the VideoOverlay option:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "ATI Graphics Adapter 0"
        Driver      "fglrx"
        Option      "ForceMonitors" "lvds,crt1"
        Option      "Centermode" "off"
        Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
        Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
        Option      "OverlayOnCRTC2" "0"
        Option      "PseudoColorVisuals" "off"
        Option      "HSync2" "31-64"
        Option      "VRefresh2" "56-75"
        Option      "UseFastTLS" "off"
        Option      "Mode2" "1280x1024,1024x768,800x600,640x480"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        #Option "SWcursor" "true" # paranoid mode
        #Option     "UseInternalAGPGART" "false"
        #Option "NoAccel" "true"
        #Option     "NoDRI" "true"
        #Option     "ForceGenericCPU" "1"
EndSection