[ltp] X60s and external display

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 May 2006 02:28:23 +0200

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:10:31PM -0700, m h wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Andreas Gredler <jimmy@g-tec.co.at> wrote:
> >On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:52:30AM -0700, m h wrote:
> >> Sorry, this is a little OT, but since you guys are sort of talking
> >> about it.  I have an R52 with the 915 chipset.
> >But doesn't that work out-of-the-box on the R52 with the F7 key?
> >(Assuming that you just want to have the same output on both displays).
>
> It wasn't.

Really? So the button does nothing? Even while booting?

> I'm using Gentoo and so my xorg.conf didn't come
> preassembled for a laptop.  I've hacked around with it and it somewhat
> worked, but I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it yet.  (Google
> hasn't been much help on this front either, nor has the xorg mailing
> list, nor the thinkwiki).  X has recently been upgraded so I should
> try again....

Well, you could use i855crt with the i915 patch. This little tool
enables crt and sends the same output to the lcd and crt.
Otherwise search for "dual head". There should be a lot of hits
describing how to create a config for dual head setups.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at