[ltp] madwifi wpa_supplicant prism2.5

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 May 2006 13:15:02 -0400

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 12:10:33PM -0400, Bert Haskins wrote:
> Just acquired a A31p and am having no luck with getting the built in
> mini pci prism 2.5 card to work with madwifi and wpa_supplicant.
> FC4 and 5 recognizes the hardware and loads the orinoco drivers.
>=20
> This same combination works very well using a Atheros G card
> in another (A31) box.
>=20
> Has anyone else been able to make this work?
>=20

It won't work with madwifi, period, because madwifi is for atheros
cards, not prism2.

You shouldn't use orinoco, either, thats for orinoco/hermes cards, not
prism2.

You need to install either wlan-ng or hostap.  If you want wpa_supp to
work, you'll need hostap.  You will also need modern firmware for the
prism2 card, read the docs, I don't use them so I don't know where to
get it offhand.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Experts in ancient Greek culture say that people back then didn't see their
thoughts as belonging to them.  When they had a thought, it occured to them
as a god or goddess giving them an order.  Apollo was telling them to be
brave.  Athena was telling them to fall in love.
Now people hear a commercial for sour cream potato chips and rush out to bu=
y.
	-- Chuck Palahniuk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk--