[ltp] X60s with Linux

dirk husemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 May 2006 17:18:02 +0200

--------------enig0E74CF1CBA31D4C18105A32E

stephan ripke wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to install Linux on the little X60s - Thinkpad. With Suse =
10.0, the installation worked fine besides the network card. The ping on =
localhost and on the own address is fine, but the ping to other mashines =
is not coming back. Since the card is working under Windows and the drive=
r from intel didn't chane this effect, I decided to try debian or ubuntu.=
 With debian I have the problem with the external DVD Drive. The Installa=
tion is starting but then it is looking for a cd-rom but doesn`t find any=
 to mount. That sounds strange....
> With Ubuntu, the network card is not even detected. IN the moment I try=
 to configure it manually, we`ll see.
> If there is somebody who could help me, I`ll be glad,
> Thanks,
> Stephan
> SMS schreiben mit WEB.DE FreeMail - einfach, schnell und
> kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen! http://f.web.de/?mc=3D021192
>
>  =20
gentoo worked out of the box. the ipw3945 packages as well.
wpa_supplicant was just a matter of configuring it. the i910 xorg driver
(xorg-7) doesn't recognize the i945 card, though. i'm currently using
the VESA one (which is fine enough --- handles DVDs nicely).

    cheers,
    dirk

--=20
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/
       PGP key: http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/contact/PGP
  PGP Fingerprint: 983C 48E7 0A78 A313 401C  C4AD 3C0A 278E 6431 A149
	     Email only authentic if signed with PGP key.

Appended to this email is an electronic signature attachment. You can
ignore it if your email program does not know how to verify such a
signature. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, www.gnupg.org
is a good starting point.