[ltp] Re: Internal display becoming scrambled when computer gets warm

Daniel Déchelotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 May 2006 15:52:14 +0200

Chris Bainbridge a écrit :

> On 08/05/06, Daniel Déchelotte <boite_a_spam@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> >
> > A scary experience: the internal display sometimes flickers, from a
> > few glitches that can be seen in high-contrast areas to a barely
> > readable screen. The lines are randomly shifted horizontally, left
> > or right, and moving (pretty much like scrambled pay-TV)
>
> I'm seeing something similar - it started with video corruption, and
> now my t42 crashes with a black screen.

Ouch!

> I found similar problem threads
> http://www.technotaste.com/blog/thinkpad-t42-ati-radeon-9600-driver-and-the-blue-screen-of-death-bsod/

I see no story.

> and http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=23295&

A few problems described here, all of them boiling down to a dead/dying
mother board. Are you suggesting that my TP is living its last days or
months? It is only, well, 3-year old... :-(

Isn't the fact that text mode is unaffected by the display glitches a
reason to hope?

> Seems like a common problem recently?

Dunno for others, but for me, yes.

Thanks for your answer.