[ltp] Problem with power connector in x60s

Thu, 11 May 2006 10:31:30 -0300

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Guillermo Juárez wrote:
> I know this is not a question related to linux, but my x60s power
> connector is kind of "loose"

The plug is loose when inserted, or the power input jack is loose?  If it is
the later, repair it ASAP.   If it is the first, IBM will repair it under
warranty, but it might well be not worth the effort.

> First I though it would be a problem, something was broken... but then
> I preferred to believe it's designed to be like that.

It might well be. As long as the electrical contact is always very firm
(this IS possible even if the plug wobbles inside the jack, it just means
the contacts are not holding it firm in all three axis, but you really need
only to hold firm on two axis), and the plug doesn't leave the jack easily,
it certainly will work just fine.

  Henrique Holschuh