[ltp] Dead R51

Hunter Fuller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 May 2006 16:24:39 +0000

On  10 May 2006, at 10:56 PM, Andrew Barr wrote:

> you plug in the adapter. After that, some sort of short must have
> developed because plugging the battery and the AC in at the same time
> causes the unit to get very hot and smoke near the battery terminals.
Holy crap... Well, here's what you do for MB short testing: Give it
some type of power and "massage" the keyboard, therefore applying
indirect pressure to the mainboard. If the charging LED lights up at
some point, then yeah, you need a new MB... but we knew that anyway =P

I would try IBM, even though it might be expensive... My R51 has
given me great service.