[ltp] Dead R51

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 May 2006 18:06:38 -0400

--=-jczuakypF6/e/K8gY2bl

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 16:24 +0000, Hunter Fuller wrote:
>  and "massage" the keyboard, therefore applying =20
> indirect pressure to the mainboard. If the charging LED lights up at =20
> some point, then yeah, you need a new MB... but we knew that anyway =3DP

Will this work if I put in the battery as the source of power? Under
normal operation if the machine was off and the AC wasn't plugged in
the charge LED didn't light up. But then again this isn't "normal"
operation exactly.

> I would try IBM, even though it might be expensive... My R51 has =20
> given me great service.

That's actually what I think I'm going to do.

Andrew

--=-jczuakypF6/e/K8gY2bl

--=-jczuakypF6/e/K8gY2bl--