[ltp] wifi0 problems

Dominik Riebeling linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 May 2006 17:23:52 +0200

On 5/12/06, Bert Haskins <bhaskins@chartermi.net> wrote:
> First let me say that all of this "stuff" works great under Fedora 3 & 4
> Second, I must use WPA(PSKcurently), WEP or bare naked are just not optio=
ns.
> Therefore I use "wpa_supplicant -iath0 -Dmadwifi -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.co=
nf"

Be aware of the fact that the shipped wpa_supplicant of fc5 isn't
linked against madwifi (but has madwifi as avaliable driver -- pretty
strange imo).

> Iwconfig shows ath0.

on my side I still use ath0 as usual -- recent versions of madwifi
autocreate the "ath0" device. No need to change anything. I can't tell
you anything about the system-config-network as I still configure my
network manually.

 - Dominik