[ltp] Fedora Core 5 on T20: Desktop won' t come back after suspend

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 May 2006 19:51:41 +0200

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:34:53AM -0500, Frank Huddleston wrote:
> Restarting tasks... done
Seems like the actual resuming works.
>=20
> The moon (suspend) indicator on the display hinge is blinking.
> That's it.
Sounds to me as there were some ACPI scripts hanging, try ps to see
if there are any. I had such problems with xscreensaver.
> The machine is alive and well, apparently. I can connect, bring up a vnc=
=20
> desktop on another computer (once I start vncserver), and it looks=20
> normal. But the desktop is not available on the computer itself.
What means not available? Can you get your X11 session using alt-F7
(or which ever tty is used by X)?
>=20
> I'm not married to Fedora - from what reading I've done in this forum (a=
=20
> search facility would help; is there one?) it seems that suspend is a=20
> common problem, and some seem to have had good luck with SUSE and Ubuntu.

If you do not want Fedora, switch to Debian;)

Regars, nusse.

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--