[ltp] T41p new motherboard (new BIOS) now blank screen when back from suspend ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 May 2006 15:38:42 +0200

Dear all,

I fried my T41p last week and got the motherboard changed (took them
two days, hurra IBM/Lenovo). However, I now have a problem with the
suspend mode. I haven't changed the linux installation, but updated X
to 7.0.18 (debian unstable) thus the problem may come either from the
new motherboard / BIOS or from the new X. Since the same problem
occurs when in console mode, I suspect the former.

Basically, if I go into suspend with

 echo mem > /sys/power/state

I can come back normally, but then I have no image on the LCD
anymore. The screen is powered but totally black. I got the image on
the VGA output (my X is xinearamified) and everything works fine
beside the display proble.

Any idea ?

Cheers,

--