[ltp] wifi0 problems

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 May 2006 11:12:09 -0400

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 03:04:03PM -0400, Bert Haskins wrote:
> First let me say that all of this "stuff" works great under Fedora 3 & 4
> Second, I must use WPA(PSKcurently), WEP or bare naked are just not optio=
ns.
> Therefore I use "wpa_supplicant -iath0 -Dmadwifi -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.co=
nf"
>=20
> Now we seem to have been blessed with something called wifi0.
> This is what shows up in /proc/interrupts right where ath0 used to be..
> wifi0 also shows up in system messages where ath0 was under FC3, 4
>=20
> The card is not recognized under system-config-network it says "Other=20
> Wireless Card
> Iwconfig shows ath0.

Wifi0 is most likely part of Madwifi-NG

Madwifi-NG changes how just about everything works, including wpa.

You MUST have a wpa-supplicant compiled against the madwifi-ng source to
be able to use it.  Look at the madwifi site for howtos for building
your own wpa-supplicant.

FC should have done this already.  Sounds like they didn't.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

"If I must be lonely, I think I'd rather be alone."
      -- "Save Yourself", Stabbing Westward

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ--