[ltp] ipw2915 disconnects, continued

fire-eyes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 May 2006 10:02:15 -0400

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 09:09, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> WPA will cause connection loss at every key rollover (but the driver
> shouldn't crash... here it didn't, at least). WPA2 fixes this. =A0CCMP of=
ten
> does one such rollover after you transmit a lot of data (plus whenever yo=
ur
> AP wants to do scheduled rollovers, so check its configuration).

Hm. I'll have to edit the text file, I am using WPA2.

> Using the latest ipw2200 driver, latest ieee80211 subsystem AND latest
> wpa_supplicant can be a dramatic improvement on stability for cyphertext
> operation. =A0Try it. =A0You'll get far less firmware restarts.

As far as I know I am, "testing" versions on Gentoo at least. I will check =
to=20
see if their versions are behind however, thanks for the pointer.

> As for the problems you seem to have, you should *never* get CCMP replay
> problems, unless the AP is severely buggy. =A0First, upgrade the firmware=
 in
> your AP if a newer one is available (Linksys does update firmware images,
> even if not nearly as often as they should). =A0Second, are you sure your
> wireless network is not under attack?

Hm. I have seen plenty of CCMP replay problems in both the old and new AP=20
(both Linksys, about 3 years in age apart). Firmware is latest. As far as=20
under attack, that's an unlikely, but interesting, idea... I will have to=20
sniff around and see if anybody is up to any crap.

Thanks!

=2D-=20
"When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of
their soul come out and cling to you. And then they are purified, and
become a holy fire in you." -- Ancient Hasidic Saying