[ltp] Thinkpad Keyboard Question

Alan Phillips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 May 2006 13:33:47 -0400

Hello,

After lurking on this list for a number of weeks and reading about the
various models of Thinkpads, last week I purchased a Thinkpad x30 on
Ebay. I've installed Ubuntu Dapper Beta, and am happy to report that
major functions appear to be working as expected. This machine is my
first exposure to a Thinkpad, so I probably will have a number of
silly questions as I dig into the details.

The keyboard on this Thinkpad is in good shape, except for the number
9 key. When pressed, the key tilts to the left. It feels like a
foreign object is sitting under the right side of the key and not
allowing the entire key to be depressed. Is there a simple procedure
to pop off the key cap, and clean and adjust the action? Google
searches aren't returning much, except how to replace the entire
keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

--=20
Alan Phillips