[ltp] new Notebook, X60?

john linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 May 2006 13:22:25 -0400

I just bought the pricey X60s model 170466U from lenevo direct and I am
very happy.  This one has the 8cell battery and I am seeing 5+ hours
with wireless. (freq scaling on)
The atheros wireless works great
Docking station seems to work okay, I don't use it but usb/network/dvd
works fine.  (I haven't tried the cd writer yet)

Also see this link:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_6.06_Flight_6_on_a_ThinkPad_X60s#Installation_of_Ubuntu_6.06_Flight_6_on_X60s_.28model_170466U.29

Note that hibernate/sleep will not work out of the box.

-John