[ltp] new Notebook, X60?

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 May 2006 01:14:53 +0200

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 06:33:39PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Notebook was crashed by a car on debconf.. a thinkpad t42, now i need a
> new one.
>
> i've read somethings about a X60 or X60s, and wanted to know if there some
> people around who own such a computer.
>
> support in general looks good, in question is..

Yeah. Very good in fact :-)

> - atheros wifi? (and what is the ibm-name for it?)

Should work although a lot of models have the intel wifi, like mine.
Works perfectly.

> - dockingstation supported?

Don't have one, yet.

>   - cdrom/dvd how good is it supported

The USB-CDROM (and burner) works.

> - battery lifetime..

I have ~2 hours with the small batteries (4 cell and extended life
battery) and ~6 hours with the 8 cell battery. Didn't try to optimize
it, though.

> - maybe some prices in europe (austria, germany)

Depends on the model of course. Between 1600 and 2000 EUR, approx.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at