[ltp] used or new or generic

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 May 2006 09:24:46 +0200

john geszler <jgeszler_2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> I need a power cord and a battery charger for my T-20.
>   Is it better to get a new off-brand, a used IBM, or a new IBM?
>   My finances are low...

When I lost(!) my AC adapter, I buy one on ebay,
after some days I find one at about 25 EUR.
Since some months (6 perhaps) I have no problem.

I prefer a true IBM adaptator, it's solid.
I can't control if a noname adaptator is right.

But for my first HP laptop I buy a noname adaptator.
because the first HP adaptator fried in 6 month,
It can't be worse with a noname.

And what do you do for new battery ?

The first battery of my T42 fall from 47Wh to 26Wh in 18 months.
I can get an IBM one at 80 EUR and a compatible on abay at 50 EUR.
Do you have any advice ?

Have a good day.

F.