[ltp] New battery for IBM ThinkPad T23

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 May 2006 15:17:45 +0200

Martin@lichtvoll.de (Martin Steigerwald) writes:

> I currently have about 2 hours and 30 minutes of battery time with the
> battery that came with my used ThinkPad. I wonder whether I can get more
> time by buying a new battery like the one offered here:

Make sure that it is a genuine IBM battery if your T23 has the latest
BIOS and embedded controller installed. According to various peoples
experience IBM built in a check for the battery's authencity and
refuses to accept 3rd party products. And never buy a battery which
has not been produced recently. Starting with the manufactoring date,
these batteries age allby itself without being used at all...