[ltp] New battery for IBM ThinkPad T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 May 2006 15:27:12 +0200

Am Mittwoch 24 Mai 2006 13:27 schrieb Tino Keitel:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 12:02:42 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I currently have about 2 hours and 30 minutes of battery time with
> > the battery that came with my used ThinkPad. I wonder whether I can
> > get more time by buying a new battery like the one offered here:
>
> Just check /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info and
> /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state, especially design capacity and last full
> capacity. Here you can see if your battery is still good or already
> lost a larger part of its capacity.

Hello Tino,

well seems to be pretty good to me:

design capacity:         43200 mWh
last full capacity:      37390 mWh

Now I would have to ask the ebay seller of the new batteries for his ACPI
battery output... well I think I will stick with my battery as I do not
use it that often anyway.

Did not try what can be yielded by a full recharge as it is quite warm and
thus would reduce battery lifetime.

Regards,