[ltp] report: fglrx 8.25.18 dynamic display switching working, sort of

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 May 2006 04:14:21 -0400

> well, works like a charm with xrandr and the radeon-driver (open
> source)
> you just have to enter a line (forcecrt1present or something like that)
> in your xorg.conf, then you can switch between the entered setups freely
> with external, without, in clone or mergedFb, whatever...
Which card and machine you're using? I'm using X300 on T43. Which
version of xorg you use?  I use 6.8.2 so no fancy xorg 7.0 and stuff. I
got my info that things doesn't work on the fly from here:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ATI_Mobility_Radeon_X300
Please update the page if you have new info about getting it to work
with some version of Xorg and xrandr.
Also note what I want is for it to work *on the fly*, which means the
monitor/projector need not be present when you boot up the computer or
start the x. You just plug it in and enter the magic command and things
appear on both display.
Any clarification will be appreciated.
Jiang