[ltp] report: fglrx 8.25.18 dynamic display switching working, sort of

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 May 2006 19:10:39 +0300

On 5/26/06, Jiang Qian <qian2@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Also --enable-monitor works to a limited extent: I can do
> aticonfig --enable-monitor=3Dcrt1
> to switch to use external display exclusively, with internal LCD
> disabled. And I can do
> aticonfig --enable-monitor=3Dlvds
> to switch back to use internal LCD exclusively, with external display
> disabled, however if I do
> aticonfig --enable-monitor=3Dlvds,crt1
> or
> aticonfig --enable-monitor=3Dcrt1,lvds
> to attempt to use both display simultaneously, the system hard locked,

On my T43 with X300, I also get the hard lock with
--enable-monitor=3Dlvds,crt1. Moreover, --enable-monitor=3Dlvds corrupts
the display and the only way to recover is to restart X.

> I'm filing a bug report to ATI.

Did you open a Bugzilla entry in http://ati.cchtml.com ?

  Shem