[ltp] Problem with laptop mode

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 May 2006 12:15:33 +0200

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 06:54:10PM +0200, Guillermo Ju?rez wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Thanks for your answer. I didn find anywhere that pdflush is
> incompatible with laptop-mode.
> I don't even know if pdflush can be disabled at all (what about the
> memory dirty pages?)
>=20
> I did some improvements though. To improve my ext3 performance I
> activades the journal_data option, as Danniel Robins suggested in an
> IBM article.
The laptop-mode scripts should remount your ext3 partition to make
the journal written less often. Check
/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf for details. Also check that
PARTITIONS matches your partition and that CONTROL_MOUNT_OPTIONS is
set.

If you get it to work, please reply, as it does not work here atm,
too.:)

Regards, nusse.

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4--