[ltp] unable to resume ThinkPad R40e after ACPI suspend-to-RAM

Petr Pudlak linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 May 2006 09:52:53 +0200

Hi,

I'm unable to wake up my laptop after suspend-to-ram. It goes to
sleep, the "moon" led is on, but then it doesn't respond to anything,
I have to unplug the power cable and remove the battery to reboot it.

Suspend-to-disk works without any problems with Suspend2.

I've tried various kernels, now I'm using 2.6.16.18 with the following
command line:

  root=/dev/hda7 vga=normal resume2=swap:/dev/hda6 acpi_sleep=s3_bios

The behavior is the same without the acpi_sleep parameter, whether I
use hibernate or just 'echo mem > /sys/power/state'.

Thanks for any help
  Petr Pudlak