[ltp] TV out on radeon 7500

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 May 2006 17:15:21 +0200

Diego Alcorta wrote:
> Mark T.B. Carroll escribió:
>> Diego Alcorta <dalcorta@fibertel.com.ar> writes:
>>

>>> was anyone able to use tv on a radeon 7500, if so what configuration
>>> did
>>> you use.
>>>

>> It worked fine with me with a pretty normal configuration, but I did
>> need to use atitvout, and to have the TV plugged in at boot-time.
>> What problem are you having?
>>
>> -- Mark
>>

> what do you have to configureto make it work?  What do you have to put
> in xorg.conf?
The only change I made was a lower default resolution, and saved it as
xorg.conf.tv

Then I have the following alias in ~/.bashrc:
alias startxtv="startx -- -config xorg.conf.tv"

So when I want to connect to tv I simply type
startxtv

Before switching to tv I have to type (adding this info to xorg.conf
doesn't work for me)
atitvout pal

Then, to switch to tv:
atitvout -f t