[ltp] X60s and other CoreDuos / Battery LIfe - Kernel/CPU freq scaling iss

Ari El linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:38:13 -0800 (PST)

that was smart :)

yes you are right; i tested it putting a constant load on the processor and
changing the mode. for a load next to 22% (in performance), powersave gives
2W savings and 27% load. So... unfortunately :) the processor speed
estimations are not right :(

While we wait for undervolting to arrive, I guess the only thing left to try
is a newer kernel... have you heard of any thinkpad-specific howto for
kernel compilation? I think I'd need the list of required patches for my
x60s & edgy install to boot properly 2.6.18 or 2.6.19....

Thanks!