[ltp] X60s and other CoreDuos / Battery LIfe - Kernel/CPU freq scaling iss

Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:40:41 +0100

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 16:57:51 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 05:51:47 -0800, Ari El wrote:

[...]

> > Since it looks like you have a core duo machine, can you mention if you
> > actually see a difference in power consumption when change the frequency
> > from 1G to 1.66G using this method? If so what is it (mW)?
>
> I do have a Core Duo machine, but it is not a notebook, so I can not
> use ACPI to do any measurements. Maybe I can do some some real
> measurements this weekend, also with one core disabled etc.

I now did some measurements. With 1,66 GHz, power consumption is 2-3
Watt higher than with 1 GHz (both numbers taken when the machine was
idle). I measured at the power plug including the power supply, so you
have to substract the loss of the power supply, but there is definitely
a difference.

Regards,
Tino