[ltp] Re: Z61p - experiences?

Anthony J Moulen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:14:07 -0500

On Friday 03 November 2006 01:22, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> > According to tabook, the T60 is about the same as the T4x models, whith
> > 14" models being 2.6-3.1 cm and 15" models being 3.1-3.6 cm. I wonder
> > what that variation is, though.
>
> i use a 14" T60 and it is quite slimmer than a r50p.
> And in my mind the 15" models not really higher.
> The Z i saw one last time is a huge ugly monster compared to my T60.
> florian
I have a T40, T41P, and a Z61M.  The T series is thinner and lighter.  The
difference between the 40 series and the 60 series for the Ts aren't that
much.  I have seen a few T60s both Ps and non Ps.  The T series is
significantly lighter than the Z series.  I work on the Z61M all day long and
then pick up the T40 and it seems so small and light.  I couldn't justify the
Z61P for one the additional resolution would make the font really small in
Windows (which I don't use), and the additional almost $600 wasn't worth it
to me. I made this decision after playing with my wife's T41P which had the
comparable resolution to the Z61M on the narrower screen.  It seemed about
perfect for what I needed.

I have zero complaints about the build (I have the black  one), it is very
substantial and very solid.  For a laptop, I would probably choose a T60
instead, but for a general workstation, I really like the Z61.  What I don't
have is the camera so I can't help you there, but really I don't think I
would use the camera even if I had it, not sure what I would need it for
except to show my boss that I am working in a T-shirt ;-).