[ltp] suspending t60 to ram

Kasper Peeters linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:14:55 +0100

Does anyone have a working kernel version + config + fglrx driver
which can reliably suspend a t60 (with x1400) to ram? The problem I
encounter is that in about 1 out of 4 suspend attempts, the "moon" led
goes through its usual "flash then light" sequence, but the machine
does not really shut off (the fan remains running). Opening the lid
then does not wake up the machine anymore, and the only way out is to
power down using the power button.

(the failing combo I'm using at the moment is ubuntu's kernel
2.6.15-27-686 with fglrx 8.29.6 and kernel options
acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode, but I have tried various others too,
always with the same result so far).

Thanks,
Kasper