[ltp] Suspend-to-ram with / mounted from USB

Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:51:34 +0000

Laurent Gilson wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have moved some parts of / onto a USB stick (i try to create a really
> truely slient system). But after suspend-to-ram the mounts are dead. My
> guess: the usb-part is resuming after the mount-part and needs to
> re-detect all USB devices.
>
> Is there anything i can do to work around that problem ? Some sort of
> resume-initrd ?

2 thoughts:

1)Try putting root on a CF card, and buy a 1GB card + CF->mini-IDE
adapter for about $30. Then replace your HDD with it.

OR

2)You need to edit your suspend scripts to allow the usb key to be
unmounted before suspend, and remounted thereafter. Obviously, you can't
do that with / on the usb key. So, try putting / on a ramdisk.

A possible example: the Knoppix "toram" option does exactly that.

Richard