[ltp] Tips on adding bluetooth to a T23?

Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:02:54 +0200

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:08:50AM -0500, John Shane wrote:
> Running Xubuntu on a T23.  Anyone have advice on adding bluetooth
> capabilities to a T23? I would like to sync my Palm via bluetooth if
> I can, as well as use a bluetooth mouse.  I see that there
> are USB dongles and PCMCIA cards as well as internal cards that can be
> used. It looks like using an internal card would require shuffling
> the present NIC and wireless cards, if it would even work, and mean
> giving up the internal modem. A PC card seems like the way to go
> instead of keeping track of a USB dongle but don't have any idea of
> the comparative power usage or how well one functions compared to
> the other.  Anyone have good experience with a particular bluetooth
> card in a ThinkPad with Linux?

I've used a Bluetooth USB dongle with my T23, and it worked quite well.

I fail to see an advantage of a PC card, unless you plan to keep it
inserted at all times.  If you do plan this, then check if it won't
prevent you from suspending the laptop while a PC card is inserted.
Suspend didn't work for me while I had a PC WiFi card inserted.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+--