[ltp] Tips on adding bluetooth to a T23?

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:13:40 +0200

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 10:37:46PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> From my experience, it is much easier to set up bluetooth with a USB dong=
le.
> Stick in the dongle, say "service bluetooth restart" and "hciconfig -a"
> and hopefully you will find your dongle has become active.

I don't recall ever having to type any commands after inserting the
dongle itself.  It just works, i.e. you get a new Bluetooth device
"hci0".

In fact, the built-in Bluetooth in my T42 looks just like a USB
bluetooth dongle that gets inserted when I do

  echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth

> The Linux bluetooth program is called bluez.
> Google for that and you should find instructions on how to use it.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
A computer without Windows 9x is like a fish without a bicycle.
                -- With apologies to Gloria Steinem

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP--