[ltp] Prepare X41 Tablet for Linux

Tony K. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:40:33 -0500

I just received my new X41 Tablet (Lenovo is running a sale right now).

Just booting (a few times) reminds me how much I dislike windows.  I
am hoping I can get enough usability from the tablet with Linux not to
need Windows, but for now I will have to dual boot.

Preparing it for dual booting, I have the following questions:

Will resizing NTFS partition effect how IBM's restore and recovery
works? (I am planning to use GParted Live CD to repartition my hard
drive.)

If I make a second NTFS partition, will IBM R&R automatically look for
my resized C: drive?

If I were to remove the NTFS C: partition totally, and in the future
want to restore the drive back to factory original, would this be
possible using IBM R&R?