[ltp] Dock II support for T4x [partly solved]

dummy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:36:26 +0100

Thanks for all the answers.
Flo Fürstenberger wrote:
> On 11/8/06, dummy <dummy@neutronstar.de> wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me, if it is useable at the moment? What am i missing,
>> because I couldn't get USB working with my actual .config. At least not
>> in 2.0 mode (full or high, i can't remember atm).
>
> For USB2 Problems on T4x (at least on T40 and 41) also have a look at
> <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_USB_2.0> - I've just been
> bitten by it :-(
That was not the problem, i've forgot to mention that i've had this
problem at the docking ports only! The "native" ports work.

Sometimes i've got the problem that neiter of the USB ports work at all.

Today I've made great progress, after i selected the PCMCIA kernel
option as modules and now all of a sudden the Docking USB ports work
flawlessly.
I've changed nothing else, thats strange. After checking dmesg i saw
some errors during yenta initialisation, as i do not actually need it, i
stupidly didn't care.

Once again thanks for your reply's and tell me anything else i've  got
to know about my new Thinkpad Dock II

Regards
    Thomas