[ltp] Re: paging request BUG in 2.6.19-rc5 on resume - X60s

Sven-Haegar Koch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:56:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Martin Lorenz wrote:

> here is another one:
>
> I reported a black screen on resume with my latest kernel build earlyer. But
> this was not reproducible. Only occured once.
>
> BUT I suspended with the ipw3945 module loaded once again now and got a BUG
> report in the log instead of a black screen.

I get nearly the same oopses on my thinkpad t60, too.
Always only after resuming (never after a clean reboot), and after the
(otherwise successfull) resume it can take hours until the oops shows.

Did not report this problem anywhere yet, because I am using a heavily
modified 2.6.17 based on the ubuntu edgy tree plus lots of addon patches
(suspend2, linux-vserver, loop-aes) and most of the time with the evil
fglrx loaded, too (to get any x11 outputs at all).

> I only see this when ipw3945 is loaded.

Will try to shutdown wireless and unload the module before the next
suspend, and see if it helps.

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)