[ltp] [T60] Is SATA slower than PATA?

Joshua Megerman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:52:44 -0500

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 04:28, James Pearson wrote:
> Anyone using "bonnie" - I have no experience with it ?

I've used it a number of times for benchmarking disk performance to try and
get the best setup on our SAN - it's a good tool, but it's not the
be-all-and-end-all of benchmarking.  Still, if you can run it on 2 drives in
otherwise identical settings, it's a good ralative measure of disk
performance.  Just remember to compare apples to apples :)

Josh
--
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division